Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Getting Back on Track

The holidays got the best of me as they do many people- I'm human....  I think the whole month of December was a blur between work, my children, soccer, school activities, Christmas party's etc. you name it.  We all may falter a little, the key is to not let the set backs get you down that you give up completely on your goals.  Instead move forward and look ahead.  Whether that means you continue with the set goals you have, revamp them or create new goals either way- the important thing to remember is not to give up.  That being said I'm working to start 2015 out strong by stepping up my workouts and focusing on my nutrition.  In a little over a month I will be participating in the Spartan Sprint Race in Tampa so I have not choice than to step it up... LOL  I don't know if any of you saw the recent show on TV (I think ESPN but not for sure) that featured the Spartan Race.  They were following many of the Elite Athletes as they competed across the US and prepped for the World Championship.  I will have to admit it kind of scared me.....  I'm not sure what I signed up for but you know, I'm looking forward to it.  I'm looking forward to the feeling that says I faced my fears accepted the challenge and completed the Spartan.  The great part about it, is that I will be completing the race with the support of a group from The 352 Fit Club & Team Dynasty.  We have created such a great support system through The 352 Fit Club that through this support you feel like you can accomplish anything.

With this upcoming race there is no time to slack and really time to step up my game (or practice doing lots of burpees- for every obstacle you can't compete you have to do 30 burpees.... that could be A LOT of burpees- lol).  Tonight's workout was with the 352 Fit Club.  We did one of the workouts from the NEW INSANITY MAX 30 program from Shaun T.  WHEW! Is all I got to say.  It kicked my butt - but I LOVED it.  Everyone did a great job and helped each other push it a little further.  If your local to the Homosassa- Citrus County area you should come join us.  The workouts are always free!


Insanity Max 30

With all that being said, I'm back full speed ahead!  Stay tuned as I post more about my training for this upcoming Spartan Sprint. 





Related Links






No comments:

Post a Comment

Snap Widget