Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Time for Yourself


improving your mind


One of the important things that I've learned as I've progressed through my journey to better health and wellness, is that you have to remember the importance of taking time for yourself.  It's not all about working out and eating healthy, but also about taking the time to clear your mind so you have the time to reflect on yourself and work on personal growth.  How you do this may differ based on your interests.  For me, one of the places I like to go, one of my relaxing places is the beach.  It gives me a sense of calm and peacefulness and helps to clear my mind.

This past weekend I celebrated my 40th (eek) Birthday.  Since it happened to fall on Labor Day weekend we had the extended weekend with the holiday and the kids being off school.  So we decided to take a much needed "mini" vacation and rented a condo on the beach.  It was such a relaxing weekend spent with my family in which we got to enjoy this beautiful view for 3 days and play in the ocean.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to spend my birthday.




















Recharging ones batteries is necessary to strengthen ones mind and body.  We all need time to relax and play and enjoy our families and friends. Its basically why we work so hard in the first place.  So be sure that you are taking care of yourself and that you find that place in which you can sit back and relax to clear your mind, even if just for a few moments at a time.  You will find doing so will be able to accomplish bigger things by taking that time to relax and reflect.


waves crashing in
Calming sounds of the waves crashing


To find out more about me and my journey click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Snap Widget