Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Transformation Journey

It was back toward the end of 2012 into January of 2013 that I realized I really needed to make a change- something had to give.  I had gradually gained weight over the month/year prior (see about me for full details) and at this point I had weighed the heaviest I ever had (even more than either of my two pregnancies).  I felt sluggish, had no energy and I wasn't happy with how I looked.  I knew I had to do something or it was just going to get worst.  So in January of 2013 I made the commitment to myself (& for my family) to start focusing on myself.  I wanted to set a good example for my kids to lead a healthy life of fitness and good nutrition.  Over the course of 2013 I increased my fitness activity by incorporating Zumba a couple days a week, started running with some friends and then started attending The 352 Fit Club.  I added Shakeology to my daily menu and started feeling better than I had in a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG time.  I completed Challenge Groups for T-25 and then P90X3.  As a result of all this perseverance and hard work, over the course of 2013/2014 I have lost over  20 pounds!  It wasn't always easy, after all I am human.  There's days I fell off the wagon and didn't eat the best or felt like working out but it was through the support of my husband, kids, my accountability group (and great friends) that I would pick myself up and kept pushing. I've learned that it's a gradual process to achieve the goals I want (and am still working toward- this journey isn't over) and I'm OK with that.  I'm healthier than I've ever been!  It's hard for me to post these transformation pictures but I know if by me posting these can help even 1 person to want to better their life and improve their health than I have done my job. #noexcuses #2014transformation #fitnessjourney #betterhealth



Stay tuned for more photos as I just started a new Challenge Group for Piyo.  If you would like to know how I can help you achieve your fitness goals click here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Snap Widget